Saturday 1 September 2012

#5: Rhys Williams

On the 16th December 2011 I contacted Rhys by telephone.

It was not his best Christmas present that year. I fear my phone call may have been like a laxative. He knew that they shouldn't be emailing me. He knew that I had followed all the procedures in the Data Protection Act to no longer be stalked by them. He was also a very nice and pleasant young (sounding) gentleman who assured me I would certainly never hear from the SLD again.

Now, here I have to admit some guilt of my own (yes more even than joining the stupid party in the first place) but I may NOT have discussed by hotmail account with Rhys. I may have but I also may not have. So I gave him the benefit of the doubt and when I next received a message from the SLD to my hotmail account I replied letting them know that I had spoken to Rhys and he had promised me it would all stop.



I mentioned, as I had to Rhys, that I did not want to contact the Information Commissioners Office but that I would if the messages continued.

Aaaaaah, I thought, 2012 will be Lib Dem Free. Hurrah.

Click HERE to find out what 2012 really brought

Please note that every single time I contacted SLD by email I used their standard email address: info@southwark-libdems.org.uk which is the email address they had listed on their website. I did not use NO REPLY email addresses. So I conclude that someone was reading them but not one person ever replied to any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment