Saturday 1 September 2012

#7: Dear Simon Hughes...

My email directly to Simon Hughes (office)

Dear Mr Hughes,

Growing up I had been a life long supporter of the Liberal Democrats. I posed for photographs with my local candidate Dr XXXX in XXXXX several times for campaign leaflets that I duly walked the streets to deliver.

Therefore, in the run up to the most recent General Election, despite my enduring doubts about Nick Clegg, I signed up to become a full member of the Liberal Democrats. I knocked on the doors of my neighbours canvassing for local councillors and spent an evening in a office on the Walworth Road calling strangers on your behalf.

I did this because I truly believed that the Liberal Democrats were a party that I could believe in and who stood for the same things that I did.

For these efforts I was rewarded with the Coalition with David Cameron's Conservative Party. In that decision you lost me as a voter, supporter and member. I will certainly never vote Lib Dem again in my life. Unfortunately you squandered your trust and the policies and stance of this goverment have time and time again proven my instictive disgust to be on the nose.

So please understand that when I have frequently contacted the Southwark Liberal Democrat offices requesting to no longer be contacted by anyone connected with this yellow party, I truly and sincerely mean it.

When I unsubscribed from these mailings it was a genuine request to not have the salt rubbed into this would again and again.

Furthermore it is my legal right not to be hassled by your members to my telephone and private email accounts.

Yet, now, when I try to unsubscribe again, I am taken to this page: 

http://southwark-libdems.org.uk/en/user/permissions/19192/21c9e62763541fe3e1653ac9b18f64fc5405efcf
The page clearly states I will not recieve emails from you. Yet, they keep coming, like the one below.
 
In addition, last Friday I had a very distasteful phonecall from your offices and when I told the gentleman that I had already made it perfectly clear that I wanted no further contact from your organisation he got particularly rude and aggressive with me, and I regret that I, in turn, lost my temper. However, I will not be spoken to rudely by people who are contacting me illegally.
 
Had I not had a reasonable conversation with Rhys/Reece in your offices the last time complained I would be sending my Data Protection complaint directly to the Information Commisioner's Office today. I have the form filled in and ready to send should I recieve any further unsolicted contact. I implore you to use your position to have my details removed from your office once and for all.
 
I regret any affiliation I ever had with your organisation and do not need these constant reminders.
 
I re-iterate this will be my final direct communication with Southwark Liberal Democrats on this matter.
 
Aaron

 
 
Maybe I sound cross and frustrated?
 
The Original
 
To read Simon's response, click HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment