Saturday 1 September 2012

#9: Information Commisioner's Office

Thankfully we live in a democracy and there are steps that can be taken when organisations behave illegally and send unsolicited emails after they have been requested to stop.

So I contacted the ICO.

I filled in their form.

They ask for contact details, any previous contact with the ICO (none) and if anyone else is authorised to discuss the complaint with them, then:

4. Who do you want to complain about? (Usually an organisation.)
Name:
Southwark Liberal Democrats
Address:
4 Market Place, LONDON
Postcode:
SE16 3UQ
Telephone:
020 7237 8444
Email: 
Website:
www.southwark-libdems.org.uk


5. Your relationship with the organisation
Ex-Member

6. Details of the problem
Everytime this organisation has contacted me since June last year I have asked them to delete my information.
I have attempted to unsubscribe from their online mailing list several times and indeed when I last attempted this is said that my email was not known to the organisation.
I called their office and Rhys Williams assured me that my name had been taken off their database, that he had done it by hand and that I would no longer receive calls or emails.
Nevertheless, despite emails stopping to one of my addresses they continued to another. I continue to receive phone calls, which, when I express my disappointment and exasperation, become fairly aggressive.
I have additionally contacted Simon Hughes office directly as he is the senior member of this organisation and since then have heard nothing, yet continue to receive monthly updates to my email.
I feel I have nowhere else to turn especially as my threatening to contact the ICO has not stopped this communication.
 


7. When did you first become aware of the problem?
 
Around June 2011 it became a problem and has escalated since then.


Then they ask for supporting documents, all of which I have put in the earlier blog posts.

Then you send it off to them. Which I did March 1st 2012.


Aaaaaaaaaaaah, finally someone will deal with it and they will have to listen.

To read their response, click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment